Your Packing List Main Salmon Whitewater Rafting Vacation: The Fun Begins!
Your Main Salmon River Adventure Vacation
The key to packing for your river trip, is to pack light but pack for a wide range of weather conditions. Many of the items listed below are good for your outdoor rafting adventure, as well as many different weather conditions you may encounter on your trip. Look this page over and then download our printable Packing List to help you prepare. Just print it out and refer to it while pulling things from the depths of your closet.
- Strap-on water sport sandals or Tennis shoes
- 2-3 swimsuits or quick-dry shorts (not cotton)
- Shirts (long sleeve is best for sun protection)
- 1-2 pairs synthetic or wool socks
- Fleece or wool jacket
- Sunglasses w/ retention device
- Hat or visor (with strap) for sun protection
- Wool or synthetic fleece beanie (for spring & fall trips)
- Wool or synthetic fleece gloves ( for spring & fall trips)
- 1 pair long pants
- 2 pair shorts
- 2 T-shirts
- 1 long sleeved shirt
- Underwear and socks
- 1 pair synthetic long underwear & top
- 1 pair camp shoes for hiking
- Fleece jacket or sweatshirt
- Fleece pants or Sweatpants – for relaxing in camp
- Rain jacket and pants
- Large zip lock bags – for organizing gear
And don’t forget to pack a little something for
dress-up night. This event takes place during
dinner on the last night of your trip.
It’s great fun for everyone!
- Sun Tan Lotion/Sun Block – waterproof
- After sun moisturizing lotion
- Lip balm with sun screen
- Water bottle (Most Important)
- Medication (cool storage is available)
- Hygiene items – toothpaste/toothbrush, hair brush, small pack wet wipes etc…
- Small towel & wash cloth
- Insect repellent (Irritating insects, especially mosquitoes are rare on the Main Salmon, but a small container of repellent is always a good idea.)
- Flashlight or headlamp with extra batteries
- Outfitter tent (sleeps 2)
- Sleeping bag (laundered before and after each trip)
- Thermo-rest sleeping pad 1 1/2″ thick
- Small waterproof day bag
- Waterproof dry bag (16″ in diameter x 33″ in height)
- Splash tops or wetsuit when needed
- Reading material
- Camera (cards & extra batteries)
- Small camp pillow
- Neoprene booties
- Gloves (to protect hands while paddling)
- Small fanny pack
- Fishing gear and license
- Clothespins to secure wet clothes for drying
Packing: Your Waterproof Bag
All of your gear including your sleeping bag provided by RTGS must fit into one waterproof bag (16″ in diameter x 33″ in height) which is provide to guests during the pre-trip orientation. We recommend that you pack your personal gear in a medium sized soft duffel bag, which then can be easily placed into the dry bag.
Since your waterproof bag will not be accessible during the day, the personal waterproof ‘Day Bag’ provided by RTGS can be used for such items as sunscreen, small cameras, rainwear, or anything else that you may want to have access to during the day while on the river.
Clothing and Comfort:
Dressing safely and comfortably for river trips can sometimes be a challenging task. Please give us a call if you have any questions on what you should bring on your trip, we will be glad to help.