Your Destination is Salmon, Idaho!
Getting to Boise and Salmon, Idaho By Air
The nearest commercial airport with services by major airlines is Boise, Idaho. Please plan to arrive in Boise by 3:00 p.m. the day before your river trip, and to leave Boise late the last day of your trip or mid-morning the day after your trip. Those flying into Boise will take a charter flight to the town of Salmon, Idaho. There is a complementary shuttle van from the Salmon airport provided by the Stagecoach Inn.
For our guests who are planning to fly into the Boise airport or coming from the Boise area. You would take a 1 hour charter flight from the Boise airport to Salmon on the afternoon before your launch date. On the last day of the trip guests would take a late afternoon charter flight from McCall, Idaho back to Boise.
Salmon to Salmon: Add: $230 per person
For our guests who will be driving to the area from the east, Jackson Hole, Salt Lake City or Sun Valley. Guests would arrange their own transportation on the afternoon prior to the trip to arrive in Salmon, Idaho. On the last day of the trip guests will be shuttled back to McCall and take a charter flight from McCall to Salmon.
McCall to McCall: Add: $230 per person
For our guests who will be driving to the area from the west or starting their trip from the McCall, Idaho area. Guests provide their own transportation to the airport in McCall and fly to Salmon, Idaho on the afternoon prior to the launch date. On the last day of the trip, our guests will be shuttled back to their vehicles that will be awaiting them at the McCall airport.
- Rates and terms are subject to change without notice
- Fares will not be charged until the date of flight, however; if 24 hr. advance notice is not given for any cancellations, the full price of the reservation(s) will be processed.
- Additional luggage over 35lbs/per passenger may be subject to an additional $0.50 per pound, and is subject to space available.For trips that require a flight out of the Salmon River Canyon, please contact Salmon Air for prices.
Getting to Boise and Salmon By Car View Larger Map
- From the South: From Twin Falls, Idaho, follow Route 75 north through Sun Valley/Ketchum and Stanley to Highway 93. Follow 93 north to Salmon.
- From the West: Take Highway 21 to route 75. Follow 75 north to Highway 93, and 93 north into Salmon.
- From the North and East: Take Highway 93 south from Missoula into Salmon.
Driving and Shuttle Information
For our guests who will be driving their own vehicle to Salmon, Idaho on the afternoon prior to the launch date. We will be happy to help you arrange to have your vehicle shuttled from Salmon to McCall, so that your vehicle is waiting for you in McCall at the end of your trip. Or you can arrange this on your own contacting River Shuttles at 800-831-8942 or www.rivershuttles.com
CALL 866-872-5666 NOW TO RESERVE YOUR SPACE – SPACES FILL FAST“This is the very best trip I will ever have in my life.”
—C. Byer, 8 years old